Thursday 16 July 2015

The DAT - CTF Summer Workshops are of a very high standard

My name is Sherena Christmas and I am a High School teacher in the Commonwealth of Dominica. I have been a teacher for two years and ten months. This is the third year that I have participated in the DAT - CTF Summer Workshops. The first year, I did the Numeracy Workshop. The second year, I did the Special Education Workshop. This year, I am doing the ICT Workshop.

The DAT - CTF Summer Workshops, in my opinion, are always of a very high standard. I believe that my participation in these workshops has made me a better teacher. Every year, I am able to go back to my classrooms and utilize new techniques that I have learnt in the Summer Workshops. I am indeed grateful for the opportunity to sharpen my skills, and to use these skills for the benefit of my students.

In addition, I am always excited to meet other teachers from across Dominica, and also those from Canada. Being able to share experiences with fellow educators from all backgrounds is a priceless and beneficial opportunity.

I enjoy attending these Workshops because they give me the opportunity to teach and to learn. This year, my participation in the ICT Workshop has allowed me to sharpen my skills on the Computer. I have also been able to assist other teachers who need direction and assistance using Technology in their lessons.

I believe that all the teachers participating in these Workshops are grateful for the opportunity. We do appreciate the training, and we look forward to using all that we have learnt when we return to our classrooms.




1 comment:

  1. I have learnt here in my classroom when school reopens. I have enjoyed this paper help workshop and I appreciate its importance. I would attend in the future if this workshop is made available.

    ReplyDelete